Thursday 10 November 2011

Stylish Swivel Chair.

After.
From the moment I saw this chair in my sister's garage I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. It had been found in a skip by my sister's partner but wasn't being used in the house due to the condition it had been found in (picture below) plus my sister's partner was refusing to get rid of it.

Before. 

I'm so pleased that they decided to keep hold of the chair. With a bit of hard work it has been transformed from being tired and scruffy to being smart and contemporary. 

One of the hardest sections to change was the seat frame where the original black plastic covering was peeled back to expose the silver metal underneath (an electric sander was used to get tougher sections off). By doing this the frame now tones in and lifts the other colours of the chair. 

I love how this chair can be used in an office, a sitting room or even as a roundabout for small kids to play on (with adult supervision!), it has become a very useful piece of furniture in the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment