Friday 16 September 2011

Getting into rehashing

Part 2




After rehashing the first chair I decided to find some more to build up a set. It didn't take me long as my parents were still storing both my sisters childhood desk chairs. Being that my sisters are twins as children they would always get the same things but with slight differences. When it comes to the chairs, I love that they are the same shape and size but with different back detail that just makes them more individual (just like my sisters!). Originally painted white, when it came to rehashing the chairs I had a head start with one of the them as one of my sisters had made a start removing the paint but had clearly just given up half way. By painting them the same as the first chair it makes them look part of a set even with different shapes. My mission is to find more chairs just like these bistro ones, hopefully with the slightly different backs, so I can build up my set. I do have another one that I am just about to start rehashing, luckily a family member was generous enough to donate it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment