Friday 23 September 2011

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness......

Autumn is here and for my family this signals the start of the apple pie season. To them I am the pastry queen so it is my job to create the pies! Every year the family gather at my parent's house to harvest the apple tree and get the apples ready for storage.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to show off not just my pie making skills but my Lazy Susan potter's wheel.

 

I found the potter's wheel and had the idea of rehashing it into a Lazy Susan. I feel it has an industrial look and by painting it in black metal paint it really smartens it up. Unlike the usual Lazy Susan the potter's wheel also stands higher than most table objects which can be useful if a space is over crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment