Wednesday 14 September 2011

In the beginning....

...there was my chest of draws.


This was one of the first pieces of furniture I rehashed. I can't quite remember exactly how old I was when I created this piece (possibly early teens) but I do remember the time it took me to cut each individual sea creature out of the wrapping paper I was using before gluing them onto the draws. Unlike my friends who had stickers randomly all over their bedroom furniture I opted to go for a more stylish look! I continued this design but on a smaller scale on my wardrobe draws and doors as well as a mirror which happens to be the only item I still have. (pictured below)


Although you can't tell from the picture I always like the way the glue against the mirrored surface is blurry making the fish look like they are swimming in moving water. Great imagination I have! 

I had no idea back then that I would continue to enjoy rehashing all sorts of interior decors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment